Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sample Ant Script for running targets parallel and sequential

Recently ,I faced a challenge for making one target which can run the entire suite with lot of module dependencies.This was resolved with the help of ant targets: sequential and parallel.


Requirement :
I need to run the following sequetially

1.compile target
2. run and run_psdata targets paralelly
3.run_PreData,run_DFPPulls,run_AdTechPulls.... parallelly
4.run_PostData,run_Sales parallely
5.run_Administration,run_E2EPartner360,..... parallelly
6.run_Alerts,run_CustomFields  parallelly
7.Stop selenium

Below is the code to do all the above steps sequentially


<target name="CItarget">    
        <sequential>
            <antcall target="compile"/>
            <parallel>
              <antcall target="run"/>
              <antcall target="run_PSDATA"/>
            </parallel>
             <parallel>
                <antcall target="run_PreData"/>
                <antcall target="run_DFPPulls"/>
                <antcall target="run_AdTechPulls"/>
                <antcall target="run_AppnexusPulls"/>
                <antcall target="run_FTPPulls"/>
                <antcall target="run_OASPulls"/>
                <antcall target="run_GDFPPulls"/>
                <antcall target="run_FreewheelPulls"/>
                <antcall target="run_ThirdPartyPulls"/>
            </parallel>
    <parallel>
        <antcall target="run_PostData"/>
        <antcall target="run_Sales"/>
    </parallel>
            <parallel>
                <antcall target="run_Administration"/>
                <antcall target="run_E2EPartner360"/>
                <antcall target="run_Finance"/>
                <antcall target="run_Loaders"/>
                <antcall target="run_Accounts"/>
                <antcall target="run_Adops"/>
            </parallel>
            <parallel>
                 <antcall target="run_Alerts"/>
                <antcall target="run_CustomFields"/>
            </parallel>
            <antcall target="stop-selenium"/>
       </sequential>
    </target>

5 comments:

  1. Very informative and interesting content. I learned some useful points while reading this article.service now trainings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed going through this article. The simple presentation makes it easier for readers to understand and remember the important points.learn dell boomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. mulesoft training courses help learners explore API-led connectivity, integration processes, connectors, and MuleSoft development concepts. The structured approach supports progressive learning from fundamentals to practical applications.

    ReplyDelete